The Prince family has been sharing this week about our visa issues here in South Africa. We are so thankful for all the support and love we have gotten from our community here and in the USA. THANK YOU for walking with us through this journey!
We are definitely FIGHTING to stay here but I recognize that we want to fight fair and still fight HARD. Remember that movie 'FIGHT CLUB'? I actually never saw it and I TOTALLY don't recommend it, but it had some catchy parts of it. Two things I know about the movie are that they had a club where they fought and secondly the club had rules. The first rule was "We never talk about Fight Club" and the SECOND rule was "We never talk about Fight Club." Then other rules followed. Well I am starting a new fight club. A GOD Fight CLUB and I want to talk about it.
What does it mean to fight God's way?
As I have pondered this question this Exodus passage has been brought to my heart:
"The Lord will fight for you while you [only need to] keep silent and remain calm.” Exodus 14:14 AMP
God brings us into many battles and HE is the one who will fight for us, but we have to follow the FIGHT CLUB rules of God. I think if God has rules these might be a few of them:
- Know which FIGHTS to fight
- If we are going into a battle and asking God to be with us, we BETTER KNOW it's a battle He has brought us into! How often must we try to fight wars we were never meant to begin? For us as a family, we fight this battle because we truly know it's a battle we were given by God. It's our fight and we are ready!
- Prepare for battle
- We don't just blaze into battle without being prepared. God has given us His armor to protect us as we fight. Ephesians 6:10-11 says, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." We have all the protection we need and strength that God will instill in us. We can't do it alone!
- Go to the right battlefield
- Where are you being asked to fight? If God wants me to fight battles with women who are addicts in Ocean View then I can't go to the beach and look for young girls who look depressed. I have to go to the right place, knowing the WHERE and WHAT of my battle. WHERE is my battlefield and WHAT am I fighting for? As a family, we have sought the heart of God and know our WHO, WHAT, and WHERE for our battle. Thank you Jesus!
- ALLOW GOD to fight
- Once we know we are supposed to be fighting, are prepared, and are in the right place, the unbelievable part is that we then just SIT, TRUST, and WAIT UPON THE LORD. Exodus 14:14 is very clear in saying we need to be calm, quiet, and still and allow the Lord to fight. THIS IS SO DIFFICULT but it is the ONLY way we will win the battles the Lord brings us into!
God has given us a big battle here in South Africa as we fight to stay here. We are honestly feeling at peace about it in our hearts and very encouraged with our new immigration experts who are working hard for us. We are seeing some progress but won't know the end results for months to come. In the meantime, we feel the presence of our God with us and truly are able to be STILL in our hearts knowing HE is fighting for us.
We pray that you too would allow God to fight for you in your battles, so that we ALL can experience the GLORY OF GOD.